SEARIS 2018 11th Workshop on Software Engineering and Architectures for Realtime Interactive Systems
18th or 19th of March, Reutlingen, Germany. In Conjunction with IEEE Virtual Reality 2018
SEARIS provides a forum for researchers and practitioners working on the design, development, and support of realtime interactive systems (RIS). These systems span from Virtual Reality (VR), Augmented Reality (AR), and Mixed Reality (MR) environments to novel Human-Computer Interaction systems (such as multimodal or multitouch architectures) and entertainment applications in general. Their common principle is a strong user centric orientation which requires real-time processing of simulation aspects as well as input/output events according to perceptual constraints. Therefore, we encourage researchers and developers of real-time human computer interaction systems of all flavors to share their experiences and learn from each other during this workshop.
SEARIS wants to account the state-of-the-art in software design and software engineering for realtime interactive systems, to shape a common understanding, to compare systems and approaches and derive common paradigms, to develop useful and necessary methods and techniques, and to foster new ideas. Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- Architectures: data-flow-oriented, object-oriented, component-based, scene graph(s), etc.
- Abstraction mechanisms: entity centered design, world descriptions, semantic modeling
- Reusability/Extensibility: plugins, components, modules, extension points, etc.
- RIS Programming: class libraries, scripting & core implementation languages, declarative languages and solutions
- System Issues: operating systems, portability, networking, distribution, etc.
- Adaptivity: support of configurability, personalization, adaptation
- Behavior: support and integration of behavioral components (physics, AI, etc.)
- Implementation and Testing of Realtime Interactive Systems
- Performance: consideration of evaluation strategies, latency, synchronization, etc.
We welcome reflective and even controversial contributions.
|Abstract submission:||January 24th, 2018|
|Paper submission:||January 31th, 2018|
|Notification of acceptance:||February 21st, 2018|
|Camera ready:||February 28th, 2018|
|Workshop:||March 18th or 19th (please check http://www.searis.net for updates)|
Following last years, contributions are planned to be included and indexed in the IEEE digital library.
Research Papers (4-8 pages)
Novel results in the field in the above mentioned categories related to RIS development. State of the art reports, preliminary results or work in progress are also interesting to this community.
Position Paper (1-2 pages)
Interesting and possibly controversial points of view of technical or technological advancements and approaches to foster a lively discussion at the event.
Papers must be written in English and follow the IEEE Computer Society format found at:
Abstracts, full papers, and camera-ready versions have to be submitted electronically using the conference management tool found at the SEARIS website: http://www.searis.net/
The SEARIS workshop will be a full-day event. Accepted authors for state of the art descriptions and discussion essays may present their ideas in a panel-like format, depending on the number of papers and topics. Accepted contributions for research papers will be organized in sessions consisting of presentations and discussions.
During panels we will encourage the active participation of the audience. We expect this structure to provide a more focused discussions and a lively environment. Presenters will be asked to prepare a slide presentation of their accepted contribution. The general audience of this workshop will receive the workshop’s program with a set of questions in advance, which will guide the discussion in each topic’s panel.
- Marc Erich Latoschik, University of Würzburg, Germany
- Dirk Reiners, University of Arkansas, Little Rock, USA
- Wesley Griffin, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- Pablo Figueroa, Universidad de los Andes, Bogota, Colombia
SEARIS email address (all co-organizers): email@example.com
SEARIS web: http://www.searis.net/